Mud and Debris Flow Modeling
This training package focuses on FLO-2D component to simulate hyperconcentrated sediment flows (mud and debris flows). This component is used to model mud and debris flow hazards worldwide including tailings dam failures.
The presentation is divided into two training sessions:
• Physical processes of hyperconcentrated sediment flow;
• Examples of mud and debris flows;
• FLO-2D mathematical representation;
• How to perform a mud and debris simulation.
• Mud and debris flow simulation guidelines;
• Selecting hyperconcentrated sediment flow parameters;
• Potential flood scenarios;
• Hazard mapping tools.
A 4.0 Hour Training Certificate available upon completion.